You get a call from the production floor because a machine is not running right. You go check it and find out that the motor is acting up, has corrosion damage inside the junction box, which is probably also contributing to the imminent death of the motor. Now you need to replace it but don’t have a spare. Same problem can happen with a pump. Or maybe you are being asked to install a new system that requires a new motor or pump.
So, you go the AutomationDirect.com website to shop for a motor and use their nifty AC motor selector tool to find the best replacement motor for your specific needs. You get the fast and free shipping and two days later, you receive your motor, install it, and crank it up. You are the hero because you were able to fix the problem with minimal downtime.
However, a few months later you suddenly start having intermittent problems with the new motor. You tell yourself, how can this be? This is a high-quality motor with stainless steel housing and excellent ratings! You check the motor and find there’s some corrosion building up inside the junction box again, but luckily you are able to clean it up, dry it well, and redo the wiring connections with fresh connectors. But how long will that repair last and, more importantly, why are you having this problem? The answer is probably very simple… Every motor deserves a quality liquid-tight conduit!
Liquid Tight Conduits
Yes, this problem can be prevented by using a product such as Electri-Flex Liquatite flexible conduit to ensure no moisture or liquids seep into your equipment, preventing damage inside the junction box and to the internal components of the motor. Even though this product is ideal for applications where the motor or pump is surrounded by constant humid or wet conditions, it is also suitable for any installation to provide added protection against accidental spills or leaks on the conduit. An investment as small as $29 for a 25-ft coil of 3/8” Electri-Flex Liquatite conduit can save you money and headaches in the long run by protecting motors, pumps, electrical cabinets/enclosures, lighting and practically any equipment or device from harmful conditions.
Here’s a few advantages to using Electri-Flex Liquatite flexible conduit:
[list style=”orb” color=”blue”]
- Available in styles to suit any application, including hazardous locations:
- Flexible metallic conduit: The inner metallic core is made from a spiral-wound strip of heavy-gauge, corrosion resistant, hot-dipped galvanized steel covered with a PVC outer jacket. Offers outstanding protection against wet, oily conditions and is designed for use in exposed or concealed locations. Also available with braided metallic shield (shielded) that protects sensitive electronic wiring used in communications, radar, and data transmission.
- Flexible non-metallic conduit: Consists of a PVC jacket reinforced with an embedded spiral of rigid PVC. Ideal for general purpose applications. Offers excellent protection from abrasion, sunlight, mild acids, alkaline and oils.
- Liquid-tight conduit, along with liquid-tight connectors, will house and protect wiring and cables for motors, pumps, lighting, enclosures, and any other application from damage due to moisture or liquids.
- Flexible conduit allows for easy moving or repositioning of motors or any equipment connected to it. It is easy to bend to accommodate practically any required layout.
- Light weight, easy to cut, handle and install.
AutomationDirect offers Electri-Flex Liquatite flexible metallic and non-metallic conduit in sizes ranging from 3/8” to 2”, outer jacket colors of gray or black, and coils of 25, 50 and 100 feet. All Electri-Flex products are made in the USA.
Other quality liquid-tight products available include Iboco connectors and flexible electrical tubing, and RACO connectors, all at the low prices and with the excellent service always offered by AutomationDirect.