VR Simulation of the 2018 FIRST Robotics Power Up Game Field
We got a lot of requests for the source files for the VR Simulation we posted. AutomationDirect is a big supporter of open source projects – Did you know the FRC Game animation was created by an open source program called “Blender?” That’s what we use for all of our animation work here at AutomationDirect.
So .. here it is: 2018 Power Up Field VR Simulation
Check out the YouTube demo of the simulation:
- This is a HUGE file (~2Gig) – it includes EVERYTHING you need to build the project.
- The simulation was created in UNREAL Engine (UE4.18)
- If you want to learn how to do stuff like this, we recommend this course on UDEMY (it’s how we learned): The Unreal Engine Developer Course – Learn C++ & Make Games
- This was created entirely using a node based programming language called “Blueprint” but could just as easily been done in C++.
- If you end up using any of the asserts in your own project, please credit AutomationDirect.com.
We would love to hear from you if you end up doing something with it!
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
—————— SPECIAL NOTE ———————-
If your team hasn’t used it, PLEASE use the $35 Voucher AutomationDirect.com puts in your Virtual KOP. The more teams use it, the more we can justify next year.
MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE VOUCHER – don’t wait until checkout to use the code!
On that page you will find convenient links to items most used by FRC Teams and voucher even has photos of items popular with FRC Teams: